Just hold on we're going home.


I've been trying to get back into reading books as I use to read rather avidly ever since I was child. I recently finished reading Home by Manju Kapur, and although this was my second time reading it, I definitely felt a sense of connection and a lot of higher emotions this time around. It's funny how that works, isn't it? I really enjoy Indian-inspired books or books that focus on Indian culture as Home does. 

This book focuses mainly on Indian society and culture, arranged marriage, individual thoughts, love, and mostly family. I felt a lot of different emotions while reading such as anger, annoyance, and at some parts sadness for the characters. It's a very light, believable story; and if you are looking for something with a start, and exciting climax and a happy ending, then this may not be your cup of tea. It's perfect for when you need something light to read and put down and then come back to. I took it with me during my lounges in the park, car rides and to doctor's appointments. 

I am really interested in reading the other titles by the author Manju Kapur, she seems to have a whole collection of Indian-inspired books to her name. I hope you enjoyed this post! 
Talk soon,
- SMS XO

Comments

Popular Posts