What I ate: Dinner

What was for dinner? Well, this was an experimental dish that the husb and I came up with on the spot. Here's how it happened: I wanted pasta and he wanted meat. Thus came the birth of our chicken mince pasta dish. 

First, we started off by making our own mince from chicken breast that we had or you can buy your choice of mince from your local meat store. We prepared the sauce/ masala by first frying 1-2 red onions till golden brown. Then add a tsp of garlic/ginger paste and fry with the onions till dissolved. Chop and add 1 1/2 tomatoes to the mixture and fry until tomato is soft. Add 1/2 tsp of salt, black pepper (optional), 1/2 tsp red chili powder, and a mix of: coriander powder, chicken masala and turmeric powder. You can add and subtract any of your own favourite spices to create the perfect blend. Add the mince chicken and mix together.

While the masala is cooking, boil your choice of pasta and frozen veggies (for my recipe I used Rigatoni pasta). Cook the pasta till it's "El Dente" and add to the spice and mince mixture. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes, or till chicken mince is cooked. Serve hot with grated Mozarella cheese (optional) and enjoy!

As usual, if you try out this recipe tag me and let me know - i'd love to see your version!
Happy Munching!
- SMS XO

Comments