This is a little bit of a different Sunday Synopsis post for 'ya . . .
This week I went through a life altering experience. I call it life altering because it was unplanned and came as quite a shock. I wasn't feeling too great about it at the beginning but I now realize it came as a blessing. I have the world to explore and spend my time living instead of what I was doing before; surviving. Yes. There is a difference. I was extremely unhappy and now I'm ecstatic. I have the world at my finger tips. There is so much I want to do and experience with my new found time.
I am excited to see what the future has in store for me and I definitely want to utilize my time wisely. While on a long drive yesterday, I brainstormed all the things I'd like to do at the present time. Now, mind you, let's be a little realistic here, kay? Nothing is impossible - I realize that BUT theres a difference between what's plausible and what's not. I came up with a few things I'd like to do and with a little bit of care and planning I think I can make it happen!
Now these things don't have to be done all today or tomorrow or all at once is what I'm really trying to say, but it something I can look forward to doing on a long term basis. These are a few of the things I came up with:
- Paint & create. Painting and jewellery making is like rocket science for me, I sit for hours with full focus and concentration as if i'm doing something that will change the world. Haha! It's a good medium which enables me to unleash my creative side and make beautiful pieces of art!
- Finding a new home. One of the most important long term goals is moving out eventually into a new apartment and possibily in a new city!? Keeping my fingers crossed!
- Travel. I hate airplanes but LOVE traveling! It's been quite a while since I've traveled anywhere out of the country and I am looking forward to escaping sometime in the near future.
- Take a class. Learning is never ending and why not learn a new skill or type of dance? Since I have time on my hands I am thinking of taking a class of some sort.
- Join the gym. A healthy mind, body and soul makes you a beautiful person inside and out. Ideally, I'd like to have a healthier body so I have more energy and be active.
- Study/ learn a language. I've been out of College for a few years now and miss it tremendously. Although I didn't enjoy the course I was taking, I enjoyed the time and social interaction I had while in College. I hope to go back when I can/ after I've made an informed decision of the courses I intend to study.
- Become a regular blogger. Another goal i've had for quite sometime now is becoming a regular blogger. Blogging is hands down one of my favourite past times ever. I enjoy blabbing and taking photos for your pleasure!
That's my list, I encourage you to make your own list, collage, or brainstorm tree (what ever works for you) so you can visualize what goals you have for yourself. I swear it helps, its changed my outlook and I actually am excited to wake up each morning - something I used to loathe! With all these lovely things for me to do, who has time to be sour little grump? Not me!
As I was saying earlier, everything is going to be okay. As much as you may feel like it is, life isn't over. There's more out there for you. Keep your head up and just keep swimming. Don't think of the pond as a puddle, think of it as the pacific ocean and go explore!
Walking away to go practice what I've just preached!
- SMS XO
* all images from weheartit.com
* all images from weheartit.com