Dinner & FOTN






Hello ladies (& gents if you are reading)! I celebrated my first anniversary without the Mr. (unfortunately) but with good food, laughs and company. If you follow me on Instagram then you may have seen what I was upto! I decided to hit up East Side Mario's (one of my long time faves) with two of my besties, for a night of great italian food and chatter. We started off with Virgin Strawberry Daiquiries and quickly moved on to Bruschetta (pronounced Brus-ketta, thank-you Vee!) before ordering our main dishes. As always, I went with the Firecracker Shrimp Bowtie Pasta, which completely hit the spot! One thing my friends and I love about ESM's is that all of the Entrees and Pastas come with a side of garlic bread and your choice of soup or salad, which complimented our dishes remarkably. We finished off the night with Funnel Cake for dessert while the chit chat continued. 

Here is my FOTN for our night out. I kept it simple with very light makeup and decided not to go with anything too crazy. I've expiremented with makeup tons before and made tons of mistakes but have finally learned that ultimately, when I'm done putting my face on, I should still look like ME. If someone needs to do  a double take to recognize you or doesn't know who you are at first glance THEN: "Houston, we have a problem". Cosmetics should ENHANCE your features not change them completely - just a thought. 

Anywho. I used VERY basic products for this look, mostly from the drugstore - minus Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara (apparently you can find some Benefit products at the drugstore!!). I used the very last dark blue from the Cydangie 120 Eyeshadow Palette, along with the AVON MagiX Cashmere Finish Foundation, and Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush. I also used: L'Oreal Wear Infinite Summer Dusk Eye Shadow Quad, and E.L.F Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, Revlon Rose & Shine Lipstick, Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara, Bonnebell Lip Lites Strawberry Parfait, and finally E.L.F Essential Brightening Black Eye Liner to finish it off. 

I had such a great night that I didn't want it to end. Sadly, my fun ended quickly as it was back to work for me the next morning! Sighs. More later!
- SMS XO

Comments

  1. Belated Happy Anniversary Saf! So agree with your thoughts on makeup too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mag! Great minds think alike ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for following me! Now I'm following you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts